Easiest and quickest way to cook linguini with tuna, lemon and dill
Easiest Way to Cook Linguini with Tuna, Lemon and Dill- A True Italian Flavor with an American Twist
With Christmas quickly approaching and winter mode on, the only warmth you can truly find is in delectable Italian comfort food.
The thought of spending hours, trying to cook a delicious, Italian gourmet meal seems a little terrifying, eh? Well, who says cooking up a specialty food has to be all too difficult?
Get your hands on the authentic Italian grocery products from the Supermarket Italy to cook up a tasty Italian gourmet meal right at your home.
We bring to you the easiest, quickest and the yummiest ever recipe of a mouth watering, taste-bud wagging and absolutely unforgettable Linguini with three core ingredients- Tuna, Lemon and Dill.
- Linguini (150 grams. You can replace this with Spaghetti or Fettuccini as per your liking).
- Tuna in Spring Water. (200 grams jar, drained and flaked.
- Red Onion and/ or Lampascioni. (1/2 or 1 small one, finely sliced and washed).
- Lemon (only 1, juiced and strained).
- Olive Oil. (1 tbsp. You can use the regular olive oil. Supermarket also serves an authentic extra virgin olive oil for a better taste and flavor).
- Dill. (Half a bunch or a small bunch, washed and chopped).
- To bring out the real Italian, ‘al dente’ pasta, boil the linguini uncovered according to the instructions. The type of pasta you use usually has the instructions and cooking time written on the instructions column. For a gourmet touch, cook linguini for 9 minutes.
- In a skillet, add one table spoon of your regular or extra virgin olive oil. Keep the temperature at a low heat and let the oil simmer.
- Now add the 200 grams of tuna and let it cook. Turn it upside down to cook both the sides for a tender meat. Cook each side for 2 minutes for a soft, easy to bite in meal.
- In a separate bowl, add the finely sliced onions and pour the lemon juice on top. Once the tuna is cooked, add the onions to the skillet and toss them around until well mixed for about a minute.
- Once the linguini is cooked, drain the pasta water out. In the linguini’s boiling pot, add the simmering tuna and mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Sprinkle your choice of Italian herbs to add flavor and give your meal a gourmet flavor.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and for added spices, some red chili flakes. Custom the meal to your taste.
- Now toss the chopped dill on top and mix well.
Your very own, gourmet Italian meal is ready to serve. For a 5 people party, this dish is the ideal feast.
The best part about this dish is that all the ingredients are simple and available at home. To get your Italian grocery, head over to Supermarket Italy and get your own Italian meats, pasta and herbs delivered to your door step.
Enjoy a gourmet meal at home and have a happy thanksgiving