Recipe: Cooking Italian gourmet food with Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 Ways to Use Parmigiano-Reggiano
Got no recipes to cook gourmet food? No worries- just read further for the best and easiest recipes using Parmigiano-Reggiano:
1.Three Cheese Manicotti
- Salt (2 tbsp)
- Manicotti (1 lb)
- Tomato sauce (3 cups)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- Ricotta cheese (2 ½ cups)
- Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese (¾ cups)
- Fresh basil (¼ cups)
- Eggs (2 beaten)
- Ground pepper (¼ tsp)
- Grated nutmeg (¼ tsp)
- In a large pot, pre-heat the water and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and the manicotti. Stir gently to keep the pasta untangled.
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than the instructions on the label.
- Now drain the pasta and run it under cold water. Drain again until dry.
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of tomato sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine together mozzarella, ricotta and the main ingredient- parmigiano-reggiano. Add in the basil, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fill in the dense cheese paste in a plastic bag, cop off the end and fill in the manicotti.
- Lay out the manicotti in layers, one top of another. Make sure to add a layer of tomato sauce after every layer of manicotti.
- Add the leftover tomato sauce on the top layer. Add all the parmigiano-reggiano and bake until the cheese is golden.
Garnish with some basil leaves and serve the Italian gourmet food after 10 minutes.
2. Zucchini Lasagna
- Olive oil (4 tbsp)
- Zucchini, cut length wise (4. Lbs)
- Ground pepper and salt (to taste)
- Mozzarella and Cheddar (4 cups, grated)
- Pamigiano-Reggiano (1 cup, grated)
- Tarragon, chopped (2 tbsp)
- Unsalted butter (1/3 cup)
- All purpose flour (1/3 cup)
- Milk, warm (5 cups)
- Nutmeg, grated (1/4 tsp)
- Lasagna noodles (1 ½ lbs)
- Boiled tomatoes (4. lbs)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Butter a baking lasagna pan.
- In a cooking pan, heat olive oil and sauté zucchini. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook until golden-brown.
- Cook the zucchini for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add Pamigiano-Reggiano, mozzarella and cheddar, tarragon, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a non-sticky pan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth to form a paste for 2-3 minutes. Gently whisk in and slowly pour in the milk to give it a creamy liquid form. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg. You can customize the recipe and change the spices if you like. Supermarket Italy offers numerous Italian herbs and spices to enhance the taste of your Italian gourmet food.
- Spread boiled lasagna noodle on the baking dish. Spread less than quarter of the Parmigiano-Reggiano mixture over the noodles. Add the tomato mixture over the cheese mixture. Then place the zucchini.
- Repeat until the dish is full.
- Cover the top layer with left over zucchini, cheese and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Italian herbs and rosemary.
- Bake for 50 minutes until the cheeses come to a bubble.
Serve after 10 minutes.
These dishes are as easy to cook as they sound. And with Supermarket Italy supplying all the Italian grocery ingredients at affordable rates, you really can nail the Italian gourmet cuisines and give your folks a fine-dining experience at the comforts of your home.
- Smitaly Family