Cooking with Mushroom
Not everyone is a mushroom lover, but if you are, you're in luck! Today we're featuring two of our favorite mushroom pasta recipes!
1.Mushroom Orecchiette or Macaroni
- 6 ounces of orecchiette pasta or macaroni
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 12 ounces brown mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped and minced
- 3 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pot, pour in some water and season with salt. Add the macaroni and boil it to al dante.
- Now, slice the mushrooms in thick layers.
- In a large skillet placed over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once it sizzles, add the onions and the garlic and sauté them.
- Now, toss in the mushrooms and add some water. Cook for 5 minutes or until the water dries up, leaving golden-brown mushrooms behind.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter and stir to form a smooth, mushroom-buttery gravy.
- Now, add the macaroni, the preserved pasta water and garnish with some parmesan cheese.
2.Creamy Garlic Parsley Pasta with Mushrooms
- 8 ounces of linguini
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 4 tbsp butter, divided into 2
- 15 ounces of fresh/canned mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 tsp of Italian herbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of cream (option for additional creaminess)
- In a large pot, pour in water and some oil. Toss in the linguini and boil it until it is al dante.
- In a deep saucepan, add in 2 tbsp of butter and melt it over medium heat. Toss in one garlic clove and cook it for a minute until it is aromatic. Then, toss in the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and turned golden-brown. Pull out the mushrooms and place them aside.
- Now, in the saucepan add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and let it melt over medium heat. Toss in the remaining garlic cloves and sauté. Add the herbs and the flour and whisk well to prevent lumpiness.
- While stirring/ whisking, gently pour in the milk to mix everything well until a thick paste is formed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain out the linguini and add it in the paste. Toss in the mushrooms and add some olive oil as well as pasta water to prevent too much thickening.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Get your hands on the ingredients at affordable prices and mushroom away your weekend with the most delicious pastas ever
- SMItaly Family