Who says cooking up specialty food has to be difficult? With this recipe, we bring you the easiest, quickest and the yummiest ever way to make linguini pasta with three common ingredients: tuna, lemon and dill.
- Linguini (150 grams. You can replace this with Spaghetti or Fettuccini as per your liking).
- Tuna in Spring Water. (200 grams jar, drained and flaked.
- Red Onion and/ or Lampascioni. (1/2 or 1 small one, finely sliced and washed).
- Lemon (only 1, juiced and strained).
- Olive Oil. (1 tbsp. You can use the regular olive oil. Supermarket also serves an authentic extra virgin olive oil for a better taste and flavor).
- Dill. (Half a bunch or a small bunch, washed and chopped).
- To bring out the real Italian al dente pasta, boil the linguini uncovered according to the instructions. The type of pasta you use usually has the instructions and cooking time written on the instructions column. For a gourmet touch, cook linguini for 9 minutes.
- In a skillet, add one table spoon of your regular or extra virgin olive oil. Keep the temperature at a low heat and let the oil simmer.
- Now add the 200 grams of tuna and let it cook. Turn it upside down to cook both the sides for a tender meat. Cook each side for 2 minutes for a soft, easy to bite in meal.
- In a separate bowl, add the finely sliced onions and pour the lemon juice on top. Once the tuna is cooked, add the onions to the skillet and toss them around until well mixed for about a minute.
- Once the linguini is cooked, drain the pasta water out. In the linguini’s boiling pot, add the simmering tuna and mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Sprinkle your choice of Italian herbs to add flavor and give your meal a gourmet flavor.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and for added spices, some red chili flakes. Custom the meal to your taste.
- Now toss the chopped dill on top and mix well.