How To Build The Perfect Charcuterie Board
Share this Image On Your Site
At your next dinner party, stimulate l’appetito with an Italian-inspired appetizer plate.
1. First, choose your meats:
- Include a variety of flavors and textures like spicy salami, paper-thin Mortadella, and ultra gourmet Speck.
- For tasty bread or cracker toppings, include sliced sausages like Italian herb and black pepper flavor.
2. Select Gourmet Cheeses:
- Choose a variety of pre-sliced cheeses like Swiss and Cheddar.
- Soft varieties like herbed goat cheese are excellent for spreading on toast points.
3. Bread and Crackers:
- Toast points are ideal for stacking with slices of cheese and cured meat.
- Include an assortment of crackers like whole grain, water crackers, and crostini.
- A sliced baguette is perfect for piling with cured meat and cheese.
Fun fact: Charcuterie is the art of meat curing techniques that produce salami, prosciutto, and the like.
4. Fresh Fruit
- Give your antipasto platter an enticing splash of color with raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries in a small bowl.
- The sweet flavor of sliced figs help balance the rich brininess of cured meats.
5. Palate-Cleansing Crudité
- Place fresh vegetables like sliced cucumbers, carrots, and celery in a bowl.
- Serve with a small dipping bowl of ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
6. Sauces and Spreads
- Enhance crusty baguette slices with an olive oil dipping sauce seasoned with Italian herbs, minced garlic, and spices.
- Include Castelvetrano olive salad in a small bowl to add a delicious zest to bread slices.
7. Tasty finger foods
- Place in small bowls for irresistible table snacks:
- a. Castelvetrano olives
- b. Mixed nuts
Pro Tip: Fill in any open spaces with salami slices placed artfully on the platter.
Creating a professional looking charcuterie board is a snap, especially when you choose a variety of premium quality items that are made in Italy. Bon appetito!